TABLE OF CONTENTS
This article will walk you through pairing your Stages L/R power meters to the StagesBike. This may be necessary if either:
- You have received a replacement power meter from Stages Cycling support.
- You are having trouble getting power to display in connected applications.
- This article does not cover installation of the power meters on the StagesBike, only pairing.
- If you found this page to troubleshoot power not showing up in connected applications for StagesBike, please make sure you follow the steps in this article before proceeding further.
The steps below will change the power meters paired to the StagesBike
- Open the Stages Link App (download links below):
- Make sure your Stages Link App is up to date using the app store. (We are constantly improving the app so it's always best to use the latest one when troubleshooting.)
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in your phone settings.
- Open the app and navigate to the Device manager page using the main sidebar menu. Select the StagesBike that you want to pair to from "My devices":
- If the StagesBike is not in the list of "My devices", use the + button in the top right corner to search for new devices and follow the steps below to pair to the bike:.
- Select StagesBike.
- Select the bike from the list.
- The app will check and update firmware if needed.
- Create a virtual setup.
- Make sure the StagesBike is connected:
- Disconnected (control page greyed out):
- Connected (control page functioning):
- Tap the settings icon in the top right of the page to access the StagesBike settings page:
- Select Manage crank arms from the Power meters menu:
- Spin the power meters 2-3 times to wake them up
- Tap Change left power meter and wait for the ANT ID associated with your left power meter to appear in the search list:
- The left power meter ID can be found on the back of the left crank:
- When the power meter appears in the list with the matching ID, select it:
- Note: The 2 power meters already paired to the bike always show up in the search list, so you may need to wait for the new meter to appear, spin the cranks to make sure it is awake.
- The power meter ANT ID should now appear in red on the Manage crank arms page:
- Repeat the steps above to Change right power meter which is found on the back of the right crank:
- Now both ANT IDs should appear in red. Tap the Pair button on the top right of the screen:
- The App will write the new power meters to the StagesBike, this can take up to 30 seconds.
- Once complete, a success overlay appears:
- The StagesBike is now connected to the new power meters, and they are now connected to each other as a Left/Right pair.
- Use the settings page for StagesBike to zero reset the power meters (place power meters vertically with no pressure on them at all).