If you've previously used the Stages Cycling app with your Stages bike, but can no longer connect to the bike, follow these steps to regain connection.
- Toggle your device's Bluetooth off, then on.
- Unplug the bike from wall power for 30 seconds, then plug it in again.
- If any other household devices have been connected to the bike recently, turn off Bluetooth on these devices to ensure they are not currently connected to the bike.
After checking these items, re-attempt the connection in the Stages Cycling app to see if your problem has been resolved.
If you still can't connect to the bike, proceed with the following steps. Note: Removing the bike from the Stages Cycling app will remove your saved Setups. Follow before troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve your issue before deleting your StagesBike from the app.
- Select your StagesBike from the Devices menu.
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Forget device.
- Confirm that you want to forget the bike by selecting Forget.
- Select Add Device in the Devices menu to add a new device.
- Select Stages Bike.
- Select your StagesBike from the list of available devices.
- Confirm that the firmware is up to date. If an update is available, install it now, then tap Done to complete adding the bike.
- After successfully re-adding the bike, pedal and shift the bike and confirm you are seeing the current gear, watts, and cadence in the Data tab. This can take up to 30s after first pairing to the bike.
If the issue is not resolved, try deleting the Stages Cycling app from your phone and re-installing it. If you still cannot connect, please submit a new ticket detailing your issues.